Self Introduction (Final Draft)


Subject: Self-introduction to professor Brad Blackstone.

Dear professor Blackstone,

I am currently pursuing my Bachelor of Engineering with Honors in Mechanical Engineering. Previously coming from Institute of Technical Education (ITE), I achieved Higher NITEC in Mechanical Engineering with an achieving mindset I departed from ITE to Singapore polytechnic Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering direct second year. After graduating from polytechnic, I had some time to think about which course to choose to pursue in the different universities in Singapore.

After seeing the courses available in the university Singapore Institute of Technology and having a background in mechanical engineering, I decided to continue my studies in mechanical engineering. The reason why I did not continue my studies in aerospace is because, what I learned in Singapore polytechnic is mainly specialized in the aerospace industries, which is very in-depth. Compared to that, what I will learn in mechanical engineering which is broader since I learn something that will be helpful if I apply for jobs after I graduate. The reason why I have continued to pursue engineering is that I love to do engineering calculations such as mechanics and engineering maths!

The strengths I have in communication is that I can speak confidently with a clear voice and be able to speak well if the speech is well-rehearsed. My weakness is that I sometimes stutter my words when I am presenting, and I tend to get nervous very quickly if I make a mistake.

What I would like to gain from MEC 1821, Effective Communication, is how to recover from a mistake when I am speaking upfront on the stage, how to write a concise report which will be useful when I am working, and how not to stutter as much.

Yours sincerely
Pang Wei Han, Sean

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self introduction

Critical Reflection

Design Summary & Analysis Final Draft (improved from Professor Blackstone's comments)